2 x 12’/30cm discs of sweet dessert pastry
700g fresh blueberries
4-6 tbsp caster sugar
2½ tbsp cornflour
Zest and juice of 1 large lime
1 medium egg, beaten
Granulated sugar for sprinkling on top of the pie
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Line the tart case with one disc of pastry.
3. Place the blueberries and cornflour into a bowl and mix really well.
4. Add the sugar and lime juice and mix well again.
5. Pour into the lined tart and moisten the edges of the pastry with a little beaten egg.
6. Top the tart with the second disc and seal the edges well.
7. Cut off any excess pastry and crimp decoratively.
8. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar then make three small incisions in the top of the pie.
9. Finally place in the oven and cook for 30-40 minutes until the top of the pie is golden.
10. Remove from the oven and cool before eating.
11. Cut into wedges and serve with lots of ice cream and double cream sweetened with vanilla.