In my opinion there is nothing better on a hot day than a TALL glass of homemade Lemonade. I have looked and looked for the perfect recipe and never really found one that I liked loads. So What I have done is take a bit from a few pretty good ones and combined them together to make what I consider the Lemonade of all Lemonades. So I thought I would share it with you. I hope that you enjoy!!
5 - 5 1/2 Cups Water (depends on how strong you like it) 1/2 cup separated out
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
Lemon & Lime Zest if Desired
1) Poke your lemons and limes with a fork several times. Place them in the microwave for 1 minute on high.
2) Take the lemons and limes out and with the palm of your hand roll them on a hard surface to loosen up more of the juice.
3) Cut the Lemons and limes in half and using a manual juicer juice them.
4) Strain the juice to collect all the seeds and pulp and set the juice aside.
5) In a sauce pan bring to a boil 1/2 cup of water. Once boiling reduce the heat and add the 1 1/2 cups sugar and the lemon and lime zest. Continue to stir until the sugar has dissolved and has formed a thin syrup.
6) Remove completely from heat and add Lemon/ Lime juice. Pour into your favorite pitcher and add 4 1/2 - 5 cups of water depending on how strong you like your lemonade.
You can serve immediately over ice or chill in the fridge and serve later. This is so Delish. Do you have a favorite Lemonade Recipe? If so please share!! Or if you try this simple one and really like it I would love to hear!