Friday 1 May 2009

Jean Purse

I was going through my sons drawers and there were loads of his jeans that needed to be taken to a Charity Shop. Then I thought surely I can use these jeans for something and here is what I made:



It was so simple. All I did was cute the legs off the jeans (You could also use shorts. Just make sure there are no legs or crotch left) I then turned them inside out pinned the pockets down and used the sewing machine along the bottom. I then sewed some ribbon on for a strap. I flipped them the right side back again and put the same ribbon through the belt loops for added effect and tied a bow. So that the bow doesnt come out I put a few stitches through the bow. I also put a few stitches around the waist line to keep the ribbon from slipping off the jeans. It was so simple to make and so much fun! My daughter loves hers.

2 comments:

Latasha said...

I did the same thing... I was sorting my toddlers clothes and thought her jeans/pants were so cute that I had to do something with them creative.... I have pictures posted on my facebook page....
Look for Latasha C Henson album Knit Knacks...

Unknown said...

I volunteer at a thrift store and they give me all the skirts and shorts that are too short to put out and I make purses out of them. They make great gifts. i love your ribbon handle idea. way cute.