Tuesday 5 May 2009

Homemade Rolls


I love to make homemade dinner rolls. We have them at home probably 4 times a week. I have a great recipe. The dough is a little sweet but that is how I love it. I use this same recipe for my Homemade Cinnamon Rolls, Pizza Dough, Bread and Rolls. I thought I would share the recipe. Once I the rolls are baked I then mix melted butter and garlic powder together and butter the top of the rolls with the garlic butter and then sprinkle mixed italian herbs and parmesan cheese. It is so GOOD!! Seriously to die for!! Anyway here is the bread recipe:

Ingredients:

2 pkg. active dry yeast
1 C. warm water (105-115 degree)
2/3 C. plus 1 tsp. granulated sugar, divided
1 C. warmed milk
2/3 C. butter
2 tsp salt
2 eggs, slightly beaten
7-8 C. all-purpose flour, or more if needed

In a small bowl mix together warm water, yeast and sugar and set aside. In a large bowl, mix milk, remaining 2/3 cup sugar, melted butter, salt and eggs; stir well and add yeast mixture. Add half the flour and beat until smooth. Stir in enough of the remaining flour until dough is slightly stiff (dough will be sticky).

Turn out onto a well-floured board; knead 5 -10 minutes. Place in well-buttered glass or plastic bowl, cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

When doubled, punch down dough and let rest 5 minutes. Then do what you would like with it. You can roll it flat to make Cinnamon or Orange Rolls, balls for Dinner Rolls, Flat for Pizza Bases. Whatever your hearts content. This makes A LOT!! I usually have enough to freeze for a second and third day. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kelly Krew said...

Those Look AWESOME!!!