- 1 (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix (I like Turtle because it has nuts and caramel, so more of a chunkier texture, but any works fine)
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Coolwhip, thawed
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 (12 ounce) container French Vanilla Coolwhip topping, thawed (a friend thought it was Bavarian cream, he nearly fell off his chair when he found out is was good old Coolwhip)
- Heath bits (or crushed candy bar)
- 1 (1.5 ounce) bar chocolate to grate on top
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in the whipped heavy whipping cream.
- In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, add layer of strawberries or mandarins if you wish, sprinkle on some heath bits, half of the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce container of Coolwhip. Repeat layer.
- Shave chocolate onto top layer for garnish, or add toasted almonds and fruit. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.
Another variation I had thought of, was to buy a chocolate mint pudding mix, instead of just plain chocolate. I bet that would be yummy too, especially with crushed candy cane sprinkled on top of each brownie layer. Enjoy! Serves 12.