Im not sure about you but when I was growing up we would wake up St. Patricks Day morning and think "oh man I need something green". We then rummaged through our wardrobe, which for me consist of not only my closet but my three sisters closets too, only to find nothing green. Lets face it how many green things do many teenage girls have? In our house not many. My mom would always show up just about the time we were accepting the fact it was going to be a day full or pinches with a green clover she had cut out of construction paper and a safety pin. Phew. Thanks to mom we were saved.
Well times have changed and though it is still necisarry to wear green on St Patricks Day. No longer do we have to wear construction paper cut out shamrocks. (I say wear but lets face it we all hid them somewhere on ourselves and only flashed them when someone was about to strike :) ) This year I have made a couple Shamrocks out of PomPoms so that come the morning of the 17th I am ready to protect my children from the pinches of all those enthusiastic pinching fingers. Here is what I have done:
What you will need:
- 3 - 3/4 inch green pom poms
- piece of green craft foam
- piece of gold ribbon
- craft glue
- pin back
- pen or pencil
- Glue all three pom-poms together to form a shamrock.
- Draw and cut out a the shamrock shape from a piece of green craft foam.
- Glue the Green craft foam to the back of the shamrock.
- Tie a piece of gold ribbon into a bow, trim ends, and glue to the front of your shamrock.
- Glue a pin back to the back of the shamrock.
Heres to not getting pinched this St Patricks Day!