Wednesday 5 November 2008

Thanksgiving Table Cloth


Every year I ask my children on Thanksgiving day what they are most Thankful for. This is my daughters 4th Thanksgiving and do you think I can remember what she said last year or the year before? Nope. So this year I have decided to do something new. I bought a White Bed Sheet and have laid it across the dining room table. I have also put some fabric markers where my daughter can reach them. Now that she is writing words herself I have told her that every time she thinks of something she is thankful for I want her to write it on the "Tablecloth". I am them going to keep this Tablecloth as a momento for Thanksgiving in 2008. I am going to do this for now on with the hopes that as they get older I can look back on the things they were thankful for at each age. Plus I will have something with their drawings and writing on for that year as well. I hope that someone else finds this idea useful and fun. My little girl loves it and my son (18 months) loves to just doodle!

3 comments:

Our Loved-up Family said...

Hi Alisha, can you add me as an author. email: sarahbaker0106@yahoo.com. Thanks!
Sarah (Skidmore) Baker

Our Loved-up Family said...

PS - Love the blog!

Us said...

awesome idea alisha. im going out to buy a white sheet tomorrow. i love the blog. thanks for doing it :)