Sunday 9 November 2008

Cute Magnet Board

A friend made this for me as a baby shower gift. It is really cute and easy to make. All you need is a magnet board, some pretty paper and glue. She also attached buttons as a border, netting as a tie and added letters for his name. She made the magnets by buying some glass pebbles, gluing some of the paper on the underside of them and then gluing a magnet underneath so it all co-ordinates. I love it!

Would look great in a kitchen or office or kiddies bedroom, or anywhere else you wish!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful!! Absolutely love it. Thanks Sarah!

Us said...

i've seen lots of magnet boards but this is the cutest one ever! some great ideas. thanks!

Russ and Misty said...

I actually just made one of these and I was wondering if she put anything over the paper to protect it such as decoupage? Any suggestions will help.

Our Loved-up Family said...

Misty: I just emailed the lady who made it, and will let you know what she said:)

Our Loved-up Family said...

OK Misty, this is what she said:

"I did put decoupage on the board. It is called MOD PODGE and I put a few coats on it. Make sure she lets each coat dry completely. She will also have better luck if she uses cardstock instead of paper."

Hope that helps!

Jenny Esterbrook Photography said...

I realize this post is pretty old, however I've been wanting to make one of these except I can't seem to find the the magnet board with the unfinished wood around it. Did it come framed like that or did she have to add the wood around it herself and then decoupage? Help!