Saturday 18 August 2012

Pacifier clip


Another project I have been meaning to do is a pacifier clip. My two year old still uses a pacifier.
Ok so here is the story. She NEVER took a "dummy" (thats what we call them in England) but when I had to stop nursing her when I got pregnant this time my wonderful, amazing, extremely helpful 8 year old thought it would be a great idea to give her a pacifier that she found from when the 18 month old was a baby. BIG MISTAKE! she loved it. So much so in fact that now she is completely attached to it and I fear that she might hide it in her purse on her wedding day for a quick suckle to settle nerves :)
No but honestly she loves it. The only problem at the moment is when it falls under her crib in the middle of the night and she cries cause she cant find it. Me and my 9 month pregnant belly have a little bit of a difficult time crawling under the bed to get it. So for months I have said I really need to make her a dummy (pacifier) clip. So last night I finally did it.
Again this was so easy I have no idea why I waited so long. I could have saved myself so much discomfort in the middle of the night especially these last few weeks.
All I did was:
Buy:
Ribbon
Clips
cute bows
cute buttons
I cute the ribbon long enough to double it over and hung the clip at the bottom. I ran a couple stitches across the bottom to keep the clip in place and a single stitch up either side of the ribbon so that it wasnt a loop. I wouldnt want it to get stuck around her neck. I them added some velcro and the cute bow and button for decoration. And that was it.
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!

No comments: