- Preheat oven to 325F
- Combine Flour, Brown Sugar, Almonds and melted butter and spread in an 8x8 pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Stir a couple of times. Once done allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled press 2/3 of the mixture in the 8x8 pan to create the crust
- Beat egg whites and sugar until stiff peaks form
- Beat whipping cream until soft peak
- Combined beaten egg whites, whipped cream, lemon juice and crushed strawberries. Spread mixture over the crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining crust/crumb mixture over the top
- Freeze 3 - 6 hours
- Cut into squares and serve. I garnish with a little fresh whipped cream and strawberries.
As a side note this last week when I made this I used Splenda brown sugar blend and Splenda Sugar substitute. It worked very well. When frozen they needed to defrost a little bit before serving but it actually worked very well and tasted very good still.