Saturday 1 October 2011

Your Going Where? And Doing What?


I cant believe that it has been almost a month since I posted anything on here. I must apologise and explain. As most of you will know I have been living in England for the past 9 years. Back in December my husband and I decided that we have enjoyed our journey here in England but that it was time to move back to the USA. Something that we had intended to do since we moved here 9 years ago. So we applied for his visa, he is British. He received his visa in August and since then things have been manic. In fact before he received his visa we were slowly clearing things out.

Well here we are the 1st of October and I am happy to announce we will be moving to Dallas Texas on the 24th of this month. Things are very crazy here as we have decided to sell everything we own and relocate with nothing but 4 suitcases, our lugage allowance.

I will be honest with you I am so excited to be closer to my family, we will still be a 21 hour drive from my home town of Good Ol St.George Utah but we will be a lot closer. At the same time I am really sad to leave the only home my children have ever known. And the beautiful place I have called home for the past 9 years.

I have been thinking a lot the past few weeks about this move and about how lucky I have been to live in the United Kingdom and to experience the culture and the people this wonderful land has to offer. I started to think about how so many of my wonderful friends and family, of which you all are, may never get to experience this beautiful place. So I have decided over the next few weeks, as I savor my final three weeks here and as I start taking millions of mental picture of things I never want to forget, Im going to write a series of posts all about this wonderful land. The many things I have had the chance to do and experience over the past 9 years. I think Im going to call it England through the eyes of an American.

This place has made such an imprint on my heart. It has been my home my entire adult life. My husbands family are all here, whom I love dearly. I just thought I would share this place that I love so much with all of you. I hope that you will enjoy this series of posts. I also hope I can find the time while preparing to move country to do the series of posts the justice it deserves.

No comments: