Friday 7 February 2014

Indoor Fun With Children

A friend of mine recently asked this question on Facebook, "What do you all do with your small children when its too cold to play outdoors."

I'm not sure about where you are but here in North East Texas we have had an unusually cold winter. Yesterday morning when I took the big kids to school it was -5. Flippin Heck huh!! I mean seriously that's freezing. There was no way I was going to take my babies out in that. So we played.

While we were playing and after I answered my friend with a few things we like to do when its cold and we cant go outside I thought, I bet there are a lot more moms who wonder what to do with their small children when its cold outside. So I decided to put together our top 10 favorite things to do when its cold outside. Its in a random order. My girls are 17 months and 3. Their favorite changes from day to day.

 One thing we love to do is blow up a bunch of balloons and play with them. We play catch, who can keep the balloon in the air the longest, balloon races, draw faces on them and then pretend they are puppets and make a puppet show. Yep, we get pretty creative with a bag of balloons.


 Coloring. Who doesn't love to color?

 Finger Painting. I know this can get a little messy, but with an apron it can a lot be a lot of fun. Just a quick tip too. I put the paper on a cookie sheet so that all I have to do is clean the cookie sheet.:)


 Build a fort and then watch a movie from inside the fort. My little Miss I always falls asleep while watching the movie. But there is nothing better than cuddles from two of my favorite people while in a fort we built.


 Picnic in the living room. Sometimes we even invite all of our dolls and teddy bears.

 Bake and then decorate cookies.

 The all time classic Play Doh. Cant lose with this one. It is fun for hours. My girls never get sick of Play Doh.

 Puzzles. Its fun and educational. That makes this momma very happy.

 Colorful Bubble Bath.



Write letters to our loved ones who live far away. With Family in England, Dubai and various states here in the US writing letters is fun for us and its fun for our families to receive them.

I hope this has given you a few fun ideas to keep your little sweeties busy on these cold winter days. If you have some favorites please share. Id love to hear what you do with your snuggle bugs while its to cold to play outside.

Alisha x x

No comments: