Wednesday 26 February 2014

Homemade Wall Clock

For the past few months I've been searching for a cute clock to match my bathroom colors which are Yellow and Grey. I've found a few things but I really wasn't happy spending over $30 for a clock which was going in my bathroom so I was holding out. And then I was walking through Michael's the other day and saw these bad boys:


This one was on sale for $2.24 because it was a little broken. I thought to myself, that would make such a cute clock. So.... I bought a clock kit :)

First I measured length and width to get the exact center.


Next, I drilled a hole right in the center of the board.


Then I painted the whole board yellow and left it to dry for a day.


Next I used my most favorite piece of craft equipment in the world, my silhouette, and cute out some cute numbers in grey vinyl and put them on the board.


Finally I added the clock kit. I bought mine at Michael's for $7.99 and used a 50% off coupon too making it $3.98. The instructions to add the clock kit are in the back of the box. Very simple.


Lastly I hung the new clock in my bathroom. I love it. It was so easy to create and I keep getting loads of compliments. 



Love,
Alisha

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Super cute idea!

Valerie said...

Very creative! I love one of a kind pieces!