Wednesday 12 December 2012

Popsicle Stick Christmas Tree

Lately I've done so much furniture make overs that I rarely post simple crafts anymore. But I did this over the past few days and wanted to share it with you. It's really very simple to do. They are Christmas trees made from Popsicle sticks.

Here is what I did:

First I took a poster board and wrapped it into a cone shape. I glued the flap so that it stayed a come shape.

Next I cut it to the height I wanted.

I then attached four Popsicle sticks to the bottom all even so that it would stand on its own.

Next I hot glued Popsicle sticks and Popsicle wood chips (all can be found in the craft store) to the cardboard. I started at the borrow and layered them all the way around until I reached the top. This is the longest part of this craft.

Once the poster board was covered completely, I hot glued a snowflake Christmas tree ornament inside the top hole of the poster board / Christmas tree.

Finally I decided to stain mine. You could leave it Popsicle stick color but I felt I wanted it to look a little more rustic.

I've made two and they sit on the mantle with the snowman I made earlier this year too.

If you have any questions let me know. I'd be happy to answer them for you.











No comments: