Saturday 6 October 2012

Pumpkin Pie French Toast

Tis' the season for pumpkin. Honestly I can't get enough of it.

Tonight for dinner I made Pumpkin Pie French Toast. I put a picture up on Facebook for all my lovelies to see and had an overwhelming number of requests for the recipe. I guess I'm not the only pumpkin lover out there.

So as requested here is the recipe:

Pumpkin Pie French Toast

4 eggs
1/2 c. Pumpkin Purée
1/2 c. Milk
3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
2 teas. Vanilla
1 teas. Pumpkin Pie seasoning
1 loaf of French Bread sliced thickly

Mix the eggs, pumpkin purée and milk together. Add the brown sugar and vanilla and mix well. Finally add the pumpkin pie seasoning and give one final mix.

Heat a frying pan or griddle to medium and spray with your favorite non stick cooking spray.

Dip the French bread into the pumpkin mix. Make sure to cover both sides. I really like to let the soak it up. Place on your fry pan or griddle for 2-3 minutes then flip and cook the other side for the same amount of time. You want both sides to be a lovely light brown color.

Serve warm with maple syrup and/or whipped cream. For a special treat I whip up my own fresh cream with a little sugar and ginger added to it. Lovely.

No comments: