Friday 15 April 2011

Friday Night Treat - French Toast Cupcakes


One of my friends on Twitter made some French Toast Cupcakes earlier this week and straight away I looked up where I could find a recipe to do the same. They sounded Delish! Well I found loads of recipes, but here is the one that I decided to use. We loved it I hope that you enjoy it as much as we did.

French Toast Cupcakes


1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp. maple extract
1/2 cup milk

1. Preheat your oven to 350° degrees. Line muffin tin with baking liners.

2. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl.

3. In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, and eggs until combined. Then add maple extract.

4. Alternate between whisking in flour mixture and milk into your liquid mixture. Make three additions of flour and two of milk. Beat until smooth.

5. Divide batter into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched.

6. Cool cupcakes for 10 minutes, remove from pan and allow to cool completely before frosting.


Maple Buttercream Frosting
4 tablespoons butter or margarine (room temperature or softened)
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 cups powdered sugar

Cream butter until smooth, add maple syrup, and then gradually add powdered sugar. I think I used 2 and 1/2 cups of powdered sugar. I added small amounts of milk when I felt like it was too thick.

No comments: