Thursday 30 July 2009

Date Night Ideas


Tomorrow night is "Date Night" I have been looking around the internet for a few ideas and I thought I would do a post with a few of these ideas. Some of them are so much fun. Having two children who seems to take up a lot of time and energy it is easy for me when the kids go to bed (which is 7pm) to just want to go to bed too. But I also know how important it is to keep the fire burning in my relationship with my Prince Charming. So I think I might try some of these ideas out. Way fun and way cute!! I have also added some of my own ideas. Things which I would like to do or things we have already done. I hope you like them.

If you have any other ideas please leave a comment to share!! I would be really interested to know what you do on your date nights.... Unless it is dinner and a movie. We do that a lot!

  1. Have a reminiscing night; look at photos of when you first met, watch your wedding video, or listen to some of your favorite songs, and talk about the memories you've made. All this while drinking hot chocolate by candlelight.
  2. Take a Hot Air Ballon Ride. (This is my dream date!)
  3. Make a picnic on the living room floor. Lay out a blanket and light lots of candles around the room. Make heart shaped pizza and serve fresh fruit with fondu.
  4. Go to an indoor Ski area sit on the balcony with Hot Chocolate and watch the skiers while holding hands.
  5. Rent a Fancy car and drive around town like you own it. Make sure you dress the part too!
  6. Play scrabble, only require that all words must have to do with romance or your relationship.
  7. Clear an area in the house that would work for dancing. Have soft music playing while you eat dinner, then dance the night away!
  8. Have a progressive dinner. Eat an appetizer at one restaurant, main course at another, and dessert at another. To make it sentimental, go to restaurants that are memorable and that you would frequent while dating. (This sounds especially fun to me!!)
  9. Fill a picnic basket with all his favorite foods and head to a park (just the two of you) for a nice quiet romantic picnic.
  10. Have a bon fire just the two of you on the shore of a lake or beach. Roast marshmallows or something else and feed each other.
  11. Cook dinner together with your left arm tied to his right. Enjoy a night of laughs and good times!
  12. Have a snow ball or water balloon fight. Water pistol shootouts can be lots of fun, too.
  13. Play a game of twister, clothes optional ;)
  14. Go to the arcade and play your favorite games together. We love air hockey!
  15. Head to the highest point in town. Spend an early evening watching the twinkling lights turn on.
  16. Fly Kites
  17. Hold a kiss for one elevator ride or a bunch of rides.
  18. Go Bowling!
  19. Try something you are both new to, like ice-skating. You'll have a ball learning something new together.
  20. Create your own Drive in Movie. Take your laptop or mini DVD player with you and watch a movie together in the car, at make out point :)
  21. Relive your first date. If you can remember what it was! How fun!
  22. Visit the place where you got engaged. (This for me would be my parents couch.... Maybe we wont do this one!)
  23. Sit on a sidewalk bench and people watch, making up fake names and stories about the people you see. (I love doing this, just ask my hubby!)
  24. Go to a book store and read together (I enjoy doin this on my own too!! One of my favorites)
  25. Get dressed up in your most formal clothes and go to the coffee shop as if you’ve just been to a gala.
I hope that you enjoy these ideas and can get some good use out of them!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

great ideas! #24 has always been one of our favorite "cheap dates." We both spend some time looking at books, then we grab some magazines and meet up in the coffee shop where we get something to drink, and look through the mags. It's hours of fun for only a few dollars!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Great ideas! We don't seem to ever get on dates wtih our two kids either!!!

Cher said...

This is a fun list. I'd really like to hop on a hot air balloon someday, too! Keep my blog in mind for some ideas for your next date night... http://loveactually-blog.blogspot.com