Thursday 27 October 2016

Thankful Jar

Next week starts the beginning of a month of being focusing on the things we are most thankful for. I love November, but you know what I don't like... sitting around the table and being put on the spot to tell what I am most thankful for. I am a cryer... yep I admit it. I think it is me getting old, but overtime I start to say what I am thankful for I cry. So to save everyone in my family the embarrassment of watching mom cry I decided to start a Thankful Jar.

I put our thankful jar out on our kitchen bar with a small stack of papers and a pen. Through the entire month of November the children and my husband and I write down things we are thankful for. Then at Thanksgiving Dinner we pass the jar around and read all the things everyone is thankful for. No one adds their names to the papers so no one knows who said what. I love this little tradition of ours. I love my family and love not making them feel weird watching mom try to get through her thankful list.

No comments: