Wednesday 21 July 2010

Ice Cream Cake Roll


With the weather heating up every day. I thought it would be nice to post one of our family favorites the Ice Cream Cake Roll. I change the ice cream flavor all the time just to make it different. We love it in our home and I hope that you will too!!



Chocolate Ice Cream Cake Roll recipe

3 eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup cake flour
1/4 cup cocoa
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
confectioners' sugar
1 quart vanilla ice cream

Beat eggs very lightly and add the sugar gradually, beating after each addition. Add 1/4 cup cold water. Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt together. Add egg mixture, beating slowly. Flavor with vanilla extract.

Line greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch jellyroll pan with wax paper and grease again. Pour in the batter, spread smooth, and bake at 425 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes.

Turn out on a towel sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Remove wax paper and trim crisp edges. Roll up in a towel. Cool.

Unroll and spread with vanilla ice cream, softened enough to spread. Roll up quickly, wrap in foil and keep in freezer until ready to serve. Slice and serve.

3 comments:

Pitterle Postings said...

Oh yummmm!! I could so do this! I am thinking that Rocky Road would be absolutely amazing!! Thank you for sharing!

Sarah Coyne said...

Looks yummy! I'm going to have to try this one!

Kelly Krew said...

WOW!!! It has been years since I have seen that! Some how just the sight of it takes me back about 20 years, when I was 10 years old at a Palmdale 1st Ward Activity, and I am not sure why! I will need to make that this weekend for sure! Thanks for sharing!