Wednesday 7 July 2010

Earing Holder


I was looking at my cousins blog yesterday and she had made the cutest earing holder ever. I have seen some in the past which are for small children but never one which looked adult enough to make for myself. So I emailed her asked her how she did it and if I could post it here because I think you will all like it too! Of course she was more than happy to let me post it here (Thanks Melanie) and she explained how she did it. Here is what she did!

I bought the frame, removed the glass. Cut scrap book paper to fit and then simply hot glued lots of little dots on the doily one at a time and glued it to the paper. I made sure I glued the whole center part and all the edges to give the holder good support! It took me all of 25 minutes or so! And I didn't spend more then 10 bucks! The doilies are like $2.99 at Joanns and I used a coupon for both the doilie and the frame!

Yay to Melanie for a fabulous original idea. Seriously I love it. I think it is absolutely adorable! Thanks too for letting me post it here. Here is a close up of it:

1 comment:

ijmvabch said...

I love this idea. It looks so vintage. Thanks for fixing that issue of earrings hanging from my lamp shade!!!