Saturday 14 November 2009

Non Alcoholic Mulled Wine




A Christmas Traditon here in the UK is Minced Pies and Mulled Wine. Traditionally Mulled Wine is Alcoholic which is why I dont drink it. See I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and one thing we dont do is drink Alcohol amongst other things. My husbands cousin though has made us a recipe of Mulled Wine which is non-alcoholic. OMWord. It is gorgeous! I asked for the recipe straight away and now cant wait to make it myself. In the meantime I thought I would share the recipe with all of you! It is so Yummy! Let me know what you think.

Non Alcoholic Mulled Wine:

Bottle of 'non alcholic' wine, red or white ( white will need less sugar added ) pour into large pan

Add twice the quantity of cold water ( ie if 2 bottles of wine, 4 equivilent of water )

3 or 4 cinnammon stick

6 or 7 cloves

2 large oranges, with the peel left on, sliced into rings and added.

Simmer for 2 or 3 hours...

Add granulated sugar 'to taste' half way thru!

Serve warm..FROM THE PAN, INTO CUPS/GLASSES. Sieve out the cloves etc.

This can be prepared before guests arrive then reheated in microwave, but you lose the' smell which is gorgeous when people come into house. May have to 'adjust' to get the timing right, ie less as it's non alcoholic, so none to 'burn off'. Keep tasting. Adding less or more sugar. Ensure sugar is FULLY dissolved. Enjoy.


CINNAMMON POWDER DOESN'T WORK!

I cant wait to make this. I am so having friends around for Minced pies and Mulled Wine!! Mmmmmm!

2 comments:

Krista said...

how many wives does your husband have? ;)

Unknown said...

OH MY WORD!!! I cant believe I put that. I am so tired. I meant his cousin! Thanks for pointing that out!