Sunday, 13 September 2009
Paper Bag Pumpkins
I found these on Kaboose.com I thought they are so cute and a really fantastic idea for Halloween treat bags. A friend and I are planning a Halloween party for about 32 of us and our friends children. I thought these would be adorable for the treat bags.Here is the how to:
What you'll need:
* 1 brown paper lunch bag
* Acrylic paint: orange and leaf green
* ¼ sheet brown construction paper
* 6- 12” pieces of green raffia
How to make it:
1. Paint the outside of the lunch bag with orange paint.
2. Paint the inside, top portion of the bag with leaf green paint. (See photo.)
3. Paint a second coat of orange paint on the bag, only this time, paint the top outside portion with the leaf green-colored paint.
4. When paint is completely dry, fringe the green section of the bag with your scissors, strips should be approximately ½” – 1” wide.
5. Fill bag with crumpled newspaper (if using as a decoration) or candy and treats.
6. Gather top of bag with your hand and tie a piece of raffia around it, just below the green section.
7. Continue tying pieces of green raffia around the neck of the bag until all of it has been used.
8. Cut a 1.5” wide strip of brown construction paper and roll up into a tube. Insert the tube of paper into the center of the green portion of the bag as the stem. If these bags are used as decoration, you can glue the stem in place.