Thursday 22 January 2009

White Chocolate Cheesecake

I love Cheesecake. But it seems like most of the no bake cheesecakes taste very cream cheese. Ok I know a silly saying because well that is what Cheesecake is Cream Cheese. One of my friends had a recipe for a White Chocolate Cheesecake and I have made a few alterations to hers and come up with my own. The only real problem is I dont know exact measurements I just kind of put a bit of this and that and it works. So go by taste. But here is what I think it is.   It is so Moreish! I totally love it and I made it for my book club last night and everyone LOVED it! I will post a picture when I make it again this weekend for some people I am having for dinner! Enjoy!

White Chocolate Cheesecake

Graham Crackers or Digestive Biscuits
Butter
2 8oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
Large (very large Biggest you can find) Double Cream or Whipping Cream (Double is best)
1 1/2 Massive big bar of white chocolate.
medium bar of Milk Chocolate and Dark Chocolate.

Start by making the base by crushing the graham Crackers or Digestive biscuits and a couple Tablespoons of sugar. Melt your butter and mix with the graham crackers and place in the bottom of your pie or cake pan. 

Melt 1 big bar of white chocolate and set a side to cool a little. Mix together the remainder of the sugar and the cream cheese and add the chocolate. Set this mixture to the side. Whip up the cream until it forms soft peaks. Mix the cream and the cream cheese mixture together. There should be about equal parts of cream and cream cheese mixture. Once this is mixed together really well put on top of your graham cracker base. 

Grate in turns the White, Milk and Dark chocolate all over the top of your cheesecake. Cover it with it.... Loads! and refridgerate until ready to serve. You could also put strawberries or any other fruit on top if you prefer. The cream cheese bit is so creamy and so light. Be careful not to eat the whole pan by yourself before getting to show it off to everyone. Let me know what you think once you have made it. I think it is delish!

No comments: