Tuesday 16 March 2010

How to Lace Dye Easter Eggs


I found out how to do this last year by reading Martha Stewarts website. It was so easy to do I couldnt believe I had never done it before. Here are the easy to follow steps:


1. Cut lace into strips long enough to wrap around eggs and still have extra to form a sash for holding.

2. Wrap eggs, securing lace with rubber bands. Dye eggs according to dye package instructions. Lift out, cut off rubber bands, and unwrap lace. Let dry on foam board fitted with flathead pins.

It is so easy and they look so effective to. This is really a no fail craft tip. I dont want to say that no one would mess this up. But I am pretty sure that most of us can do there.

The pictures have been taken from the post on Martha Stewarts site and make the instructions even easier to follow!!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

That is easy! If I had any lace, I'd do it this year. But I'll have to remember it for another time since it's so pretty.

Annie said...

I LOVED this post. I am absolutely going to try this next year. Thank you for posting it!

Cath Brookes said...

We just finished this and loved it. My kids are 8 and 9, and they liked that it was hands-on, quick completion, and made lovely eggs each time.
Zespri Kiwi fruit Nutritional Values website

Cath Brookes said...

We just finished this and loved it. My kids are 8 and 9, and they liked that it was hands-on, quick completion, and made lovely eggs each time.
Zespri Kiwi fruit Nutritional Values website