Sunday 23 October 2011

England through the eyes of an American - Going Home

Today is my last full day here in the UK. I am filled with Happiness and Sadness at the same time. How is it possible for two completely different feelings to occupy my thoughts and my heart at one time.

I have for the past 9 years waited for the opportunity to move back to what has been and always will be my home. But now that it is happening I have come to realise how much this is my home too. I have had so many wonderful experiences here. My children were all born here in the wonderful NHS system. I have made some very dear friends here who have showed love and compassion to me in times when I needed it most. Who have always been there and in most cases acted as substitute family to me. My dear in laws are here whom I love so much and who have always taken me in as one of their own and loved me the same as their own daughter or sister. Over the past 9 years this has become my home. I pulled out my journal from when I moved here the other day and was reading about how scared I was. And now 9 years later I have the same feelings about going back to the USA.

I love this country. I love all the quirky bits, all the beautiful and not so beautiful bits, I love the people, the little houses (most houses are little), the shopping, I love everything about it. There will always be a very special place in my heart for everything British. I will continue to carry on all the British Traditions so that my children will always remember this wonderful place and know that this was their home once too.

To my dear family and friend I love you. Thank you for the memories, for caring about me, for helping me when I needed it, for being a listening ear or a shoulder to cry on. For all the laughter, for the smiles and for the memories. May God be with you and bless each of you until we meet again.

To all my family and friends and future friends in the USA, I cant wait to make the same memories with each of you. I love you and I am so excited for the future and to see what it holds.

May God bless each and every one of you.

This is likely to be my last post for a few weeks now until I can get set up in Texas. Until then all my love.

No comments: