Thursday 15 September 2016

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies



I have been writing and doing recipes for our community and 4 other communities news letters recently. So for September I added my favorite  Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookie recipe. nOne thing that I love so much about this recipe is that my lovely neighbors are vegetarian. This recipe has no eggs in it and so I can share it with them. I think September is one of their favorite months because they know its time for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. I hope your family enjoys this recipe as much as mine and my neighbors do.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 2 dozen (can be doubled to make more)

1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 Tablespoons pumpkin puree 
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup chocolate chips ( I use milk chocolate but you can use what you like)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F

Combine the butter and sugars and mix well. Add the vanilla and the pumpkin and mix until smooth. Combine all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add to the wet ingredients mixing just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. 

Bake on an uncreased cookie sheet at 350F for 12 - 15 minuted or until the start to puff up. Cool slightly before removing from pan. 


Love,
Alisha

No comments: