Wednesday 6 February 2013

Need a Good Book to Read?

Is it just me or is it getting harder and harder to find a decent book to read these days? I find most adult books are filled with profanity, sex and violence. Not really things I'm wanting to read.

I started a book club here in TX (OK I've really started three book clubs the one here as well as one in Chorley, England and one in Tamworth, England too what can I say? I enjoy book clubs :) and we have really read some amazing books. I thought that I would share a list of some of the books we have read. Then each month I will post the book we are currently reading in case any of you wish to read along.

So here are some of my favorite reads:

The Summer House By: Jude Deveraux
Memory Keepers Daughter By: Kim Edwards
Christmas Jars By: Jason Wright
Wednesday Letters By: Jason Wright
The Hunger Games Trilogy By: Suzanne Collins
Divergent By: Veronica Roth
Inkheart By: Cornelia Funke
Jane Eyre By: Charlotte Bronte
Heaven is Here By: Stephanie Nielson
Clockwork Angel By: Cassandra Clare
The Goose Girl By: Shannon Hays
The Beginning of better Days Divine Instruction From the Prophet Joseph Smith By: Sheri Dew
The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus By: L. Frank Baum
Major Pettigrews Last Stand By: Helen Simonson
Old Maid of Honor By: Heather Horrocks
The Last Lecture By: Randy Pausch
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society By: Mary Ann Shafer and Annie Barrows

Let me know of any good books you have ready we are always looking for a great read. Or if you have any comments about these books I would love to hear them.

No comments: