Wednesday 2 December 2009

Crumb Cake



It is officially the winter here in England. Frozen windsheild in the morning, smells of wood burning in the wood burning stoves, Children watching their breath as they walk to school. You know all those lovely things which come in the winter. One of my favorit things in the winter is Hot Chocolate. I also enjoy a cake of some sort with it and this is one of my favorit cakes!! It is so moist and so delish! Honest try making it yourself and see if you can limit yourself to just one piece!!

Crumb Cake

Ingredients:
CAKE
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1 cup
sugar
2 large
eggs
3/4 cup
milk
2 cups
flour
2 teaspoons
baking powder
1 teaspoon
vanilla

TOPPING
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1 cup
sugar
2 cups
biscuit mix
2 teaspoons
cinnamon
1/4-1/2 cup
powdered sugar
Directions:
Cream butter and sugar.
Beat eggs and milk; mix with butter.
In another bowl, mix flour and baking powder, then add to butter mixture.
Stir in vanilla.
Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
For crumb topping: Cut butter into sugar, biscuit mix, and cinnamon.
Sprinkle over batter in pan.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until done.
Top with the 1/4 - 1/2 C powdered sugar when cool.




Enjoy!






4 comments:

Valerie said...

I love crumb cake and that topping looks grrreeeat!

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

ohhh this looks delicious! have to try it now. :)

Julia said...

I wanted to stop by and see if you would like to exchange buttons. I read your blog often and I think its great and would love to be affiliated with you and this site. You do such a great job. I only ofer a button exchange to blogs that I think are fantastic and would love to promote and tell people about. And I think yours is one of my favorite blogs.

If your interested just put my button on your blog and email me and as soon as I get your email I will go a head and put yours up on
http://everydaymomideas.blogspot.com

The Scott Family said...

This crumb cake IS delicious!! (Thanx for bringing it to book club last month, cos I finally got to try it) XXX