Thursday 15 October 2009

Page One of the quiet book, This is going to take time,

Sorry all I have been way sick, I was going to do pages 1 and 2 together for you but I am still pretty sick. So here is page one like I promised ( Not complete yet.)

Ok so First I cut the pages out of the yard of felt, now this was more then enough for the one quiet book, for the page size I chose. Now I Have a Kick Butt sewing machine thanks to the ex husband, so I have to show you some of the stitches it has :)







Now I wanted the pages a bit bigger then the normal book so I went with 9 inches by 11.I did cut 2 pages together because I am going to sew the 2 pages together and then cut them with the fancy scissors to give it more flare.




This is the bowl I used for the mirror for the so pretty page, traced it on the back of the mirror and then cut it out,




This is what it looks like, THERE IS A PROTECTIVE FILM ON THIS I LEFT IT ON TILL AFTER I SEWED IT INTO PLACE!








Now I did a wave stitch, around the mirror, I am not a great sewer, but I try and it turned out ok.




Now I forgot the vinyl when I was at the craft store so I am at a stand still on this page, but the napkin is where i am putting the pocket for the comb, I am also making a FAKE eye shadow with a old make up tin and nail polish, for them, I am having my dad drill a hole in the comb since I have not found a comb with a hole, and I know kids will loose it then so I will rick rack it to the page.. I am lazy this week so I am going to buy the felt letters and sew them on for the SO PRETTY!!! and then this page will be done, The next page will be tons easier, with strips of velcro, and the felt letters, for the alphabet page, so get your supplies, and start your book. I have the patterns for the potato doll, the flowers, hearts,fish, water pitcher for the vase, and things as well. I will try to get uploaded for you to print, ANY QUESTIONS I WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP!!!




No comments: